Sunday, October 28, 2012

Zero to Tri - Day 2

First Meet Up
I attended the meet up/sign up information session for Team in Training (TNT) at the Central Market in Dallas on Lovers Ln. What a nice group of people. I think there were maybe around nine attendees - I'm not sure since I was on the front row (over-achiever that I am). However when the marathon coach asked who was there for the triathlons I believe there were three of us raising our hands.

Next Steps
I believe one of the presenters said that TNT is the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's largest fund-raising effort. If I am mistaken about this, I will retract this statement. But what this means is that I will be given tools to help in my fund-raising efforts with one of them being a personal website where people can contribute for my goal. I'll be sure and post that link when I get it. The St. Anthony tri will require me to raise $3500.  Only 25% of what I raise will be overhead for the organization. The rest goes to
  • Patient financial aids
  • Research
  • Patient and community services
  • Advocacy
  • Educational outreach

November
November will be the month when all the participants for the North Texas Chapter get together for a big kickoff - I think it's the 10th and then the following Saturday Nov 17 we start training. I'll post the workouts when I learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment